It is never too late to have your bridal skincare in place for your big day. It is often recommended that you start your routine early, as much as 6 months, before your big day arrives. But if you haven't been able to do so, there are some ways to get your bridal glow in a week, to some extent at least. However, you have to take into consideration the time crunch and not compromise on any of the steps needed to take care of your skin from both the inside and out. We have a few effective tips that can help keep your skin behaving well and make it radiant in just a week…
TIPS FOR THE UPCOMING BRIDE FOR THE GLOWING SKIN:
1. CHANGE IN LIFESTYLE AND DIETING
1. A proper diet will include a mix of red, yellow, purple and green fruits and vegetables. These staples are rich in antioxidants and minerals that protect your skin from free radical damage and maintain a lovely glow.
2. Increase the intake of fatty acids in your diet, these compounds are especially nourishing for your skin. You can do this in the form of fish, if you are non-vegetarian, or consume foods like soybeans and tofu if you are a vegetarian.
3. Completely cut off any kind of caffeine and alcohol in the final week; this goes for smoking as well. Alcohol and cigarettes can zap the moisture out of your skin and make it look dull and tired, so it is best to quit them not just one week, but a couple of weeks before the big day.
. Increase your water intake to keep your body cool and skin hydrated while you are going through busy bridal rituals. Include refreshing beverages like coconut water and barley teas, without sugar, if you are getting bored of sipping on water all day long.
5. Squeeze in at least 30 minutes of exercise - light cardio or yoga to freshen up your mind and keep stress at bay. Make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep as well to avoid fatigue.
2. Simplify your bridal skincare Jovees Bridal series consists of Face wash, Scrub, Face Cream and Face mask. Jovees has specially curated products for brides by making their life simpler. The perfect companion for brides-to-be and newlyweds, this collection will give you that radiant, flawless, and vibrant glow and make your special day extra special. Containing all of our products from the Bridal series together in a value pack, this kit is the ideal purchase for brides, brides-to-be, and newlyweds.
3. Have a daily body care routine in place
1. It's not just your face that needs proper TLC, your body care routine must be on point as well. Fortunately, you can venture into a little bit of fun while planning your body care routine, and here are some ways to ace it -
2. Indulge in an exfoliating session to get rid of dead skin cells from your skin and reveal fresh, glowing skin underneath. You can use homemade sugar scrubs or over-the-counter body polishes for this purpose.
3. Always slather on an SPF-infused body lotion after your shower to keep your skin protected from UV exposure and maintain a hydrated glow.
4. Follow good pre-, during and post-shaving procedures to keep issues like razor bumps, ingrown hair and irritation at bay.
5. Pay special attention to your hand and feet care as they often do not get proper attention.
6. Opt for gentle soaps and body washes for your bathing needs. Regular soaps can be too harsh on your skin and make it dry. Look for body products that are formulated without detergents and are oil or cream-based in nature.