How does Pollution affects your skin and how to deal with it.
Everyone's dread is dull skin and blocked pores, and with the city's high pollution levels, our skin is in for even more problems. The dirty air makes it difficult for the skin to breathe, causing irritation and dehydration, as well as aggravating existing diseases like redness, rosacea, and eczema.
WHAT EFFECTS DOES POLLUTION HAVE ON THE SKIN?
Pollution stains your face in more ways than one. Toxins clog pores and limit oxygenation by collecting on the skin. As a consequence, your skin suffocates, loses its lustre, and wrinkles emerge. Furthermore, when your skin comes into touch with pollution, it produces free radicals, which are unstable chemicals produced by cellular oxidation that speed up the ageing process. Pollution can also cause acne and skin dryness.
UV rays, or ultraviolet radiation, can cause irreparable skin damage. It causes solar elastosis, which is characterised by the deposition of abnormally elastic material in the dermis. This reduces the suppleness of your skin, resulting in sagging. UV rays also increase the activity of elastase, which speeds up the breakdown of elastin and causes fine lines and wrinkles.
Ozone is also linked to accelerated ageing. It depletes important antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E in the skin. Because of the lower antioxidant level, more free radicals are present, causing your skin to dimple. UV rays have the potential to irreversibly harm skin cells, resulting in permanent pigmentation.
MAKE AN ANTI POLLUTION SKIN CARE ROUTINE
● Eliminate your makeup and cleanse your face thoroughly twice a day to remove dirt and impurities as much as feasible. Your regular skincare routine must include Activated Charcoal Detoxifying Face Wash.
● Once or twice a week, exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating unclogs pores and removes dead skin cells while also preventing pollutants, grime, and germs from accumulating. And, as a bonus, the items you use after that will be much more effective! The skin loves the 24K ULTRA RADIANCE.
● FACE SCRUB.Face Mask: Use a thorough pore-cleansing mask as least once a week to rebalance your complexion. The Detoxifying Charcoal Face Masque was created with pollution prevention in mind.
● Incorporate a serum into your regimen for extra focused treatment. In this situation, seek for a serum that acts as a barrier against environmental aggressors, such as Jovees' Revita Glow Vitamin C serum, which brightens the face and not only invigorates dull skin and fades dark spots, but also provides free radical-fighting antioxidants.
● Morning and night, moisturise your skin. The serum and cream work together to assist your skin's protective barrier re-establish. Shea Butter Moisturiser is ideal for normal to dry skin types. It works best in dry and cold conditions when the skin requires the most hydration. So go ahead and indulge your skin in this silky smooth sensation.
● Sun protection is essential. We can't emphasise how important it is to use sunscreen every day. UV rays not only damage the skin, but they also magnify the impacts of pollution! As a result, apply Sun Defence Cream SPF 50 PA+++ every day of the year.